Which weather station? (Record data to Computer)

Alles was Wetterstationen betrifft.

Moderator: weneu

Antworten
kristen

Which weather station? (Record data to Computer)

Beitrag von kristen »

I want to buy a weather station which will record to my computer. Mostly this is to collect data for a planned Wind Generator in the future, and be able to measure the the energy savings of my house as I upgrade the boiler, add solar water heating, wind generation, etc. - i.e. I would like to compare the saving in fuel but take into account whether the weather was warmer / colder etc.

A stand alone display is not important (i.e. if having No Display saves money! I am happy to use use the data stored on my computer)

I would like to record Temperature, Rainfall, Wind speed / direction. Some other sensors would be beneficial if they help provide more data for my project.

I would like to have two Wind speed sensors if possible - I would like to mount one for reference, and try the second at different locations nearby to see if they are more favourable (less turbulence from buildings / trees etc.) - I assume that I need one for "reference" so that I can compare it with the second?

I would appreciate any advice on which makes of weather station you recommend.

Ideally my budget would be around GBP 100 or 150 Euros, but I will spend more if there is a compelling reason!

Thanks for you help,

Kristen
Werner
Site Admin
Danksagung erhalten: 71 mal
Beitrag von Werner »

@Kristen,

there is no way to have two Wind speed sensors with one Weather station.

You need two different weather station manufacturer, if you wish two Wind sensor watching.
budget would be around GBP 100 or 150 Euros
There is no really chance to realize that.

Werner
kristen

Beitrag von kristen »

OK, thanks for that. I'll adjust my expectations to only one wind sensor.

Could you recommend weather stations suitable for connection to my computer please? Thanks.

Kristen
Werner
Site Admin
Danksagung erhalten: 71 mal
Beitrag von Werner »

@Kristen,

for what you planned
budget would be around GBP 100 or 150 Euros
you can get only a Honeywell TE923W with the low memory (208 data set)

Werner
kristen

Beitrag von kristen »

Thanks Werner

I found one a while ago (its taken me a while to remember where I saw it, sorry for the delay!)

The WS-2300 which I can buy in the UK for GBP 100.00

Do you think that would be suitable? I've had a look at the TE923W and it looks pretty comprehensive, but as a Novice its hard for me to tell what Pros and Cons there are of each make.

http://www.lacrossetechnology.fr/en/P-5 ... tions.html

Thanks,

Kristen
Antworten